Spray tanning is the perfect solution for those wanting to look bronzed and beautiful without the time commitment needed for sunbathing. With the right preparation, spray tanning can leave you with a beautifully even, long-lasting tan. Let’s take a look at what you need to know to get the best results from your spray tan.
What is Spray Tanning?
Spray tanning is a safe and convenient way to get a beautiful bronze glow. It’s a process in which a technician applies a DHA (dihydroxyacetone) solution to the skin using an airbrush or HVLP (high-volume low-pressure) spray gun. The DHA reacts with the proteins in the outer layer of skin, resulting in a temporary bronze color.
Spray tanning can last between five to seven days, depending on how well you care for the tan and your skin type. You can get a spray tan from a salon or spa, or you can do it at home with a DIY spray tan kit. At The Tanning Zone, all of our Sunless Tanning Services use Norvell Skin Solutions. Our Hamilton and Bordentown locations provide Norvell Airbrush Tanning and has a Norvell Auto Revolution Spray Booth.
Benefits of Spray Tanning
There are many benefits to spray tanning, including:
- No exposure to UV lights
- Instant results
- Quick and easy process
- Natural-looking bronze color
- Multiple shades to choose from to get the most natural results
- Can be done at home or in a salon
Spray Tanning Preparation
Before you get a spray tan, there are a few things that you can do to make sure you get the best results.
- Exfoliate Your Skin :
- The first step in prepping for a spray tan is to exfoliate your skin thoroughly. This will remove any dead skin cells and ensure that your skin is smooth and even. Use a gentle scrub or exfoliating mitt to exfoliate your skin, paying special attention to rough areas like your elbows, knees, and ankles.
- Shave or Wax :
- If you plan on shaving or waxing, do so at least 24 hours before your spray tan appointment. This will give your skin enough time to heal and close up any tiny nicks or cuts that may have occurred during the hair removal process.
- Come to your appointment with clean skin:
- Make sure to wash your skin with a mild cleanser to remove any dirt, oil, and makeup before your spray tan.
- Products to avoid :
- On the day of your spray tan, avoid applying any moisturizers, oils, or lotions to your skin. These products can create a barrier between your skin and the spray tan solution, resulting in an uneven or patchy tan.
- Remove jewelry:
- Take off any jewelry before your appointment to avoid staining it with the tanning solution.
What To Wear For a Spray Tan
When it comes to what to wear for a spray tan, the key is to wear something that is loose and comfortable.
- Wear a bikini or swimsuit to your appointment to avoid the tanning solution from getting on your clothing.
- Loose-fitting clothing:
- Wear dark, loose-fitting clothing, such as shorts and a tank top, to your appointment to avoid any rubbing or staining of the tanning solution.
- Wear flip-flops to your appointment to avoid staining your shoes with the tanning solution.
Spray tanning is a safe and convenient way to get an instant bronze glow without getting exposed to UV lights. With the right preparation and maintenance, spray tans can leave you with a beautiful, even tan that can last up to seven days.
By following the tips in this guide, you can be sure to get the best results from your spray tan. With the right spray tan preparation, you can be sure to get an even, long-lasting tan. So, what are you waiting for? Come visit one of our salons to learn more about how you can get a personalized spray tan!